Sunday, December 13, 2009

Nonstop Rain of Blessings

Blessings come in different magnitudes. Some small,others extremely mind blowing,but mostly, they come as common day-to-day taken for granted part of life-- without which we cannot experience life. Like the air we breathe,or our senses to see and appreciate the different sizes, shapes, colors. To hear and enjoy sound, beats, rhythm as well as to utter words and be intelligible. To touch, feel and relay our deepest emotions sans words. To taste varying delicacies, and to relish aromas from food or perfumes.

There are times when we are so in tune with all blessings we receive from the mundane to immeasurable intangibles like peace of mind,or joy from being with healthy children. Or even just from seeing old couples walking while holding hands. But sometimes, we get distracted by certain encounters that somehow manage to slither and settle in cracks in our consciousness neglected and left to fester and rot. Situations will never be the same for people. Some have more, while others have less, but the latter does not necessarily stem from the having of others. How then can we have more when we have less? By changing our outlook. By seeing the glass half-full insted of half empty. By learning to accentuate the little that you have. This is accomplished by being grateful. An attitude of gratitude somehow multiplies the little that is present and before you know it, the list has grown to proportions you never thought possible.

This morning, a priest specifically focused on Not Worrying in order to avoid magnifying any source of anxiety. How not to worry? Ah, easier said than done especially for worry warts like me. But, it can be learned, and the bad habit can also be unlearned, by replacing it with another habit. This time, by realizing that there is a God, that I have a Big God Who has always been there for me, I can re channel my energy towards strengthening my faith in the God Who has already died for me, and then continue being thankful for my blessings. I mentioned in one of my blogs before that I was receiving blessings nonstop. Well, it is true. I am, and I continue to receive blessings in varying forms and sizes, and for that, I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment